July 09, 2011

NovelTEAS is BACK!


Novel Teas in Red Bank, NJ
 After a few months of wordless silence, wondering the plight of the only place to geta proper cuppa tea in this area of mine, I am overjoyed to announce the return of NovelTeas in Red Bank, NJ.

Not only are they back (under new management), but they have started back up again with the literary and musical events that made it such a popular place in the first place.  I wrote often about the events under the my NJ Tea Examiner column, and invited as many people as I could to every event - as each were infused with a creativity and uniqueness that is hard to find and that comes only from genuine sharing and passion.

In the past week they had local Rumson author, James Weil, sharing from his book Swiss Chocolate and Jamacian recording artist Malek Mia, performing from her debut album, I'm Here.The new management has also been able to do what the original owner was unable to make happen and that is serving a lite fare lunch throughout the week.  Finally, not only can I invite someone to tea, I can invite them to lunch at my favorite tea cafe!

While I didn't have lunch the other day, I was happy as anything to order a nice pot of Paris Tea (teas supplied by Harney & Sons). 
Quincy Mumford

Don't miss their next event this upcoming Wednesday
Quincy Mumford
singer-song writer with a laid-back twist
WHEN:  July 13th
TIME:    7 - 10pm
TIX:      FREE

For more info on Quincy, check out his website: here

 

No comments: