November 19, 2009

How Sweet It Is!

It never ceases to surprise me how many people apologize for wanting to put sugar in their tea, as if admitting a serious tea-drinking faux pas. I’ve always invited my guests to do what makes them comfortable and to drink their tea in any fashion they feel most pleasing. Still I get meek apologies as if they feel that sugar in tea is just plain wrong. It got me thinking, is sweetening one's tea a low-brow act of tasteless vulgarity?

Find Out More here: How Sweet It Is!

3 comments:

erin said...

I just thought you might want to know that stevia powder (steviosides) are even sweeter-- alot sweeter! Actually, the powder extract can be as much as 300x sweeter than sugar! My understanding is that the stevia leaf itself is 30x sweeter than sugar.

I use SweetLeaf stevia and I love it, although I have not added it to tea.

Anonymous said...

Give me the Stevia as a sweetener. Why? Because I don't want to have anything rich in calories in my apartment. I don't need the temptation since I'm on a low-calorie diet.

erin said...

I'm baaaack! Like I said, I like SweetLeaf stevia- in fact, I just made some peanut butter cookies with their powder! One thing that's great about my SweetLeaf stevia is that it has 0 calories, 0 carbs, and a 0 glycemic index, as well as no sugar alcohols or additives like other brands, which may negate or reduce these properties!

Have fun with whatever you want to sweeten your day!