July 22, 2008

Give Peace a Sip....

For many people, finding 10 minutes of uninterrupted time seems like an impossibility.

But then, at first, most every good habit seemed at one time to be impossible. Whether it was the decision to wake-up early, write in a journal every day, work-out or whether it was to quit smoking...

Every new change means taking a small bit of time to arrange one's consciousness around a new activity or a new thought pattern.

I know I have more tea than I do inner peace on most days...
I go through at least a pot of tea a day. I don't always take that time of boiling the water and steeping the leaves and sipping the tea to be an active meditation.

I found this website, Take Up the Cup (while still under some construction) and it gave me pause to consider just how simple it would be to make that time for myself today. To intentionally take in the moment, my day, my breathing, to chill out my thoughts, the noise, the daily schedule of stuff...and what a better time and place to do so then when enjoying my favorite warm beverage?

So, I share this with you today.

In all the Madness, may you find Stillness...
Give Peace a Sip...


No comments: