January 01, 2008

And this Year I Will....

::pours cup of tea::

Ok, let's begin....

I am grateful for the people in my life - for without them,
where and what would life be?

I am grateful for all that has happened in my life - with the knowledge
that everything that happens is connected to the choices I have made.

I am grateful for new days, new years and new ideas.

I look forward to meeting new people, traveling to new places,
trying new things, and achieving new goals.

*** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Now if you'll join me, I'd like to share with you a New Year's Ritual
that I started a number of years back...

Picking a theme for the Year.

First, choose a Word. Maybe it's something you would like to invite into your life, like: Love or Self-Confidence or Trust or something you'd like more of: Adventure, Focus or Freedom.

Sit with this Word as you watch the steam rise and disappear from your tea cup or mug of tea. Now finish your tea with this Word in mind.

This is your Word. Listen for it, watch for it, write it down, find ways to support this Word, to make it happen, to spread this word, notice it when you read something or watch TV. Remember this Word months from now, after you've forgotten all about it. May you suddenly hear it and may it ring a bell in your heart, which leads you back to this quiet moment that you just might take to do this today.

May your life be a never-ending teapot of warmth and goodness that is shared with friends and family at the table of Life.

Happy New Year!


With Love, Warmth and Gratitude,
Madam Potts

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MP--Very inspiring exercise! While we unpack this month's shipment of Tung Ting a couple of words come to mind:

Earth.

Foundation.

Thank you for this great post and wishing you the best this New Year!


O (Ateava)