June 19, 2010

Travels From a Tea Cup Goes Camping

Growing up as a kid, my favorite time of the year was always summertime. It wasn’t just the fact that school was out, although I’m sure that had something to do with it. However, summertime meant that the family got to go camping. As far back as I can remember, the whole family would pack up the tent and rough it in the woods. My dad would lead the charge, giving us all jobs to do – the five of us working like a well-oiled machine, so that in no time flat the campsite was set up and the fun could begin.

Now my favorite part about camping was, and still is, the campfire. Making the campfire, cooking over the campfire, singing songs and playing games around the campfire – it was a circle that brought us together as a family. I’ve started to suspect that our going camping was simply an excuse to sit around the fire. Even though I am older and out of the house, my Dad and I still manage to go camping once a year. Setting up the tent and building that campfire still gives me the same thrill as when I was a child....
Read More

No comments: